Monday, January 25, 2010

Love Dare Update

I have been pretty lax in updating on how we are doing with this.  Sorry!

What I love about doing this is that it really forces me to focus on my husband again.  The fact that one day I forced myself to greet him in a way that let him know I was happy he was home was good for me.  Because it continues.  It does not stop that one day.  I realized as I posted an update about it just how important it really was. 

My husband, the love of my life, is home.  And he deserves nothing more than my full attention and admiration when he first walks in the door.  I pray that long after the Dares are over with that I am able to still remember that. 

One part of today's dare really stuck out to me:  The responsibility is yours to relearn what you love about this one to whom you’ve promised yourself forever.  I could not put it more simply or any better myself. 

So I continue to strive to be the kind of wife that my husband deserves.  For it is not only for him that I do this, but also for my son.  I am an example of the kind of wife he should look for.  I want him to grow up, find and marry a Godly woman and to someday tell me that I was the example of what he looked for in a mate.  For my husband to one day be able to thank me for loving him unconditionally and for truly being his help mate.   And while doing this, I am reminded of all the reasons why I love this man so much.  I am reminded of why I love him and why I promised myself to be his forever.  

No comments:

Post a Comment