Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Love Dare, Day 9 update

The hubby and I were talking last night about The Love Dare.  About what we think so far, what we like, what we are learning.  I shared with him my realization about day eights dare and how this whole process is really showing me what it means to focus on the good.  Cultivate it.  Nurture it.  Care for it.  And the good will grow. 

Hubby said he liked that it forced him to put as much effort into the relationship as he did in the beginning.  Being married becomes so routine.  It is just how it is.  You know what to expect from the other person and they know what to expect from you.  You still love them.  They still love you.  But the spark, the excitement, the newness fades and wears off. 

But such simple things really add it back in there.  I know that you cannot put too much stock into your feelings.  I know that feelings are fickle.  I know that feelings are fleeting.  But I also know that I feel happy in my relationship.  I was not unhappy before.  I was not wanting out or even looking for ways to change things.  I was comfortable in the routine.  Shake up the routine a bit and I am happy.  I feel more fulfilled in my relationship than I have in quite some time. 

So Day 9's dare.  I am going to make an effort that when Hubby gets home from work and walks in the door, I properly greet him.  Who cares if I am in the middle of dishes, laundry, making dinner, dealing with Genghis?  Who cares if the house is a wreck and I did not get a single thing done that day?  Because you know what?  The love of my life just walked through the door.  He made it safely through another day of work and is home with me where he belongs.  And that is the most important thing. 

So I stopped what I was doing when he came home tonight.  I smiled when he walked through the door.  I had nothing else to do for that moment than to kiss and hug my Husband and welcome him home.  Nothing else was as important. 

And I will strive to do that every day from here on out.  Because the love of my life deserves nothing less!

No comments:

Post a Comment