Monday, January 18, 2010

Love Dare, Day 7 & 8 Update

I will admit at first I did not really see the point of Day 7's dare.  Writing a list and then putting them up somewhere for later.  But who am I to question?  And I know I was not seeing the bigger picture. 

And then Day 8 came.  Easy enough complete with a mini bon-fire.  So day 7 was done, day 8 was done and I admit I still did not get it.

Then it hit me like a ton of bricks.  How something so simple, really had such a profound meaning that I just failed to see.  Burning that list of negative things that I do not like about my spouse seemed pointless, almost meaningless.  Then I realized, so are the things I find negative.  Each and everything on that list is pointless and meaningless.  The list of positives is so much more important.  But it is all where our perspective is.  We can so easily focus on the negatives because it is easier.  It is easier for me to get bent out of shape when my husband puts the new roll of toilet paper right next to the empty roll, but does not change it.  It is easy for me to get my feelings hurt or get mad when he makes a joke at something silly I did.  When he comes up kisses and rubs on me while I am busy doing dishes, it is easy to get annoyed. 

But today, I burnt those negatives.  Instead choosing to focus on the positives.  Focusing on the fact that after nearly 6 years of marriage my husband still finds me irresistible and attractive.  I will focus on what a good provider my husband is.  I will focus on the fact that he has a great sense of humor and how after all these years he can still make me laugh! 

No comments:

Post a Comment